Job Title: Sr Database Engineer
Location: Columbus, OH
Duration: 9 months
Heitmeyer Consulting is looking for a Senior Database Engineer with Level-4 expertise in Db2 LUW, advanced database troubleshooting skills, SQL and performance skills and strong hands-on scripting experience with UNIX Shell and Ansible. This work will be in support of a large banking client.
- Complete platform upgrades, migrations, patching, ad performance monitoring
- Responsible for providing day-to-day activities, including, but not limited to; backup, restore, performance tuning, security management, capacity planning, standards development and enforcement
- Responsible for investigating potential problems and issues raised by app team customers
- Monitor database events and proactively optimize system performance
- Work with the team to automate processes where possible
- Think and act out-of-the-box in identifying opportunities in team's daily work along with executing and completing tasks that are highly visible
- Adopt and embrace automation practices across the various technical platforms and domains
- Participate in an On-Call support rotation
- 7+ years experience as Db2 LUW DBA – Db2 10.1 to current on AIX and RHEL on VMWare
- Working knowledge of Work Load Manager (WLM) as it relates to the Db2 LUW environment
- Working knowledge of IBM Q-Replication highly preferred
- Advanced working knowledge and understanding of Db2 LUW’s HADR
- Advanced working knowledge and understanding of security in Db2 LUW; General DB security practices including RBAC
- Exposure to Advanced Compression
- Db2 DPF experience preferred
- Advanced skills in SQL and shell scripting experience
- Advanced AIX and RHEL experience
- Advanced SQL skills including use and optimization techniques
- Ability to think more broadly about data management and information architectural concepts and principles
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to promote ideas and advocate for change
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code and Desired State Configuration
- Overall exposure to various technology stacks like Storage, Network, OS and databases
- Past experience working as a programmer/coder is highly beneficial
- Advanced use of DBA tools to troubleshoot database performance problems
- Exposure to Qualys and Kenna or different vulnerability scanning/management tools is beneficial.
- Familiarity with and capable of enforcing technology management practices such as CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) is a nice to have.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.