Job Title: Sr. DevOps Manager, Engineering – REMOTE
Location: Tampa, FL
Heitmeyer Consulting is currently seeking a Sr. DevOps Manager, Engineering for one of our clients. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing technical project planning, management and oversight for key initiatives and implementation projects, ensuring first that these initiatives and projects are closely aligned with client’s vision. This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of Cloud Platform teams, as well as a filter for communication from other departments such as Product Management, Engineering and QA.
- Manages multiple teams of DevOps and CloudOps engineers that architect and design enterprise cloud infrastructure, manage deployment, and cloud uptime.
- Implements and tracks development timelines and negotiates feature sets with the development leads and product teams.
- Responsible for staffing, training, and retention of top cloud engineering talent.
- Plans and accomplishes goals for both the DevOps and the CloudOps group.
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the product development initiatives
- Assigns and monitor work of technical personnel, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on-time and within budget
- Creates a method of change management including ownership of a documentation, communication plans, process training, etc.
- Designs and implements processes to monitor and control resources, budget, risks, and value to Business Objectives
- Experience and good understanding of DevOps culture.
- Ability to independently manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between product management, engineering, and cloud team.
- Demonstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, project management.
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with quality management approaches, techniques, and principles to ensure quality.
- Has an understanding of DevOps practices, distributed systems and cloud architecture.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.