Job Title: Sr. IT Architect
Location: Atlanta, GA (Remote during COVID)
Duration: 6-12 months with potential to extend per business need
Our client is seeking an IT Architect Senior: Supporting design and develop a cloud enabled Java solution for Digital applications.
The IT Architect will be primarily focused on one or more of the following disciplines:
The Business/Solution Architect is responsible for defining, maintaining and extending the functional product architecture for the company's suite of Financial Services Applications. Defines and maintains a product architecture that offers flexibility to the company's Product Strategy and Product Management to configure product and services solutions that meet business requirements of clients in the marketplace.
- Delivers the concepts defined in the Open Financial Architecture roadmap in the form of a library of high-level functional component models made up of interoperating application subsystems, which can be flexibly combined into various product and service solutions based on marketplace and business needs.
- Defines the high-level structure of a product solution by mapping marketplace and business requirements to application system components.
- Arranges functionality of application components, assigns component responsibility, defines component interaction and correlates the application system components to a product solution as defined by the requirements. This process includes the resolution of those requirements best met by existing or enhanced application components and those which will be addressed by new application subsystem components (to be built, purchased, or otherwise leveraged from an external vendor).
- The Application Architect is responsible for guiding the Application Development team through the development process.
- Ensures development is being done right the first time and has an understanding of how their products relate with other products, and insures interdependencies are in focus.
- Success is measured on the ability to minimize re-work required after production implementation, which may be due to stability, performance, and/or functionality that does not support architectural tenets (services-oriented architecture, multi-bank processing, etc.).
- Makes design decisions and technology recommendations to satisfy business requirements based on the product roadmap/vision.
- Establishes a coherent architecture vision of how the company's enterprise software and infrastructure technology will be applied to best address current and expected future application needs.
- Continuously communicates the vision in an audience-appropriate manner, both internally and externally, from developers and designers to business owners and customers.
- Makes recommendations based upon this vision and associated analysis in order to satisfy tactical, operational, and strategic needs.
- Ensures lead developers and designers are familiar with application, software and infrastructure technology assets, standards, and requirements along with software development best practices.
- Assists in the identification of patterns, techniques, tools, and processes that contribute to effective project execution and business-unit profitability.
- The Software Technology Architect defines and maintains architecture principles and standards for application development, based on business requirements.
- Defines and documents the principles and standards to ensure speed and quality of development, while maintaining flexibility and maintainability in anticipation of future needs.
- Equally important are principles and standards to ensure robustness of applications to meet needs for performance, efficiency, reliability, availability, scalability, and security.
- Works to understand, assess, and put into practice selected emerging technologies in anticipation of meeting future software business needs.
- Researches industry trends and determines what emerging technologies are commercially viable for the company's’ environment and identifies those technologies which may be unproven, or “bleeding edge”. This includes product evaluation, reference technology proof of concept, and industry trend analysis.
- Based on research and assessment, current technology standards are validated and / or refreshed and extended by newer technologies (e.g. J2EE vs. .NET).
- Defines and maintains software architecture principles and standards for application development, based on business requirements.
- Designs and provides internal building blocks or development components that enhance the speed of development, quality, and stability of product solutions.
- Supports product development by providing the application development community proven design patterns, frameworks, templates and models, as well as ready-built components providing for common application infrastructure services (messaging, data access, security, etc.)
- Executes evaluation projects and produces working models based upon Product Solution requirements.
- May participate as a member of a project team when implementing critical or “first of kind” technologies.
- Design, develop and execute software solutions to address business issues
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to our development team
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Collaborate with peer business units, quality assurance and customers to produce cutting-edge software solutions
- Interpret business requirements to articulate the business needs to be addressed
- Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently
- Handle security, performance aspects of enterprise application
Required Skills/ Experience
- Overall 10+ years of Java, J2EE development
- 5+ years of design and development experience
- Experience with modern micro profile based micro-services
- Experience with Kubernetes based platforms, Open Shift/Azure AKS/Amazon EKS
- Experience with DevOps
- Good knowledge data base with RDBMS/DBMS, NoSQL
- Knowledge and exposure to all aspects of middle ware integration including cloud
- A BS in Computer Science is a strong plus
- 8AM – 5PM M-F
- OT with manager approval
- A BS in Computer Science is a strong plus
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.