Job Title: Product Owner/ PM/ IT Architect
Duration: 6 months
Our client is seeking a resource to fulfill a Product Owner/PM/ Architect role with their organization. He/she will serve as a Workstream lead for Operational enhancements. Seeking a Project/Program Manager, with Agile and Omni experience.
The IT Architect will be primarily focused on one or more of the following disciplines:
The Business/Solution Architect is responsible for defining, maintaining and extending the functional product architecture for the client's suite of Financial Services Applications.
- Defines and maintains a product architecture that offers flexibility to Product Strategy and Product Management to configure product and services solutions that meet business requirements of clients in the marketplace.
- Delivers the concepts defined in the Open Financial Architecture roadmap in the form of a library of high-level functional component models made up of interoperating application subsystems, which can be flexibly combined into various product and service solutions based on marketplace and business needs.
- Defines the high-level structure of a product solution by mapping marketplace and business requirements to application system components.
- Arranges functionality of application components, assigns component responsibility, defines component interaction and correlates the application system components to a product solution as defined by the requirements. This process includes the resolution of those requirements best met by existing or enhanced application components and those which will be addressed by new application subsystem components (to be built, purchased, or otherwise leveraged from an external vendor).
- The Application Architect is responsible for guiding the Application Development team through the development process.
- Ensures development is being done right the first time and has an understanding of how their products relate with other products, and insures interdependencies are in focus.
- Success is measured on the ability to minimize re-work required after production implementation, which may be due to stability, performance, and/or functionality that does not support architectural tenets (services-oriented architecture, multi-bank processing, etc.).
- Makes design decisions and technology recommendations to satisfy business requirements based on the product roadmap/vision.
- Establishes a coherent architecture vision of how enterprise software and infrastructure technology will be applied to best address current and expected future application needs.
- Continuously communicates the vision in an audience-appropriate manner, both internally and externally, from developers and designers to business owners and customers.
- Makes recommendations based upon this vision and associated analysis in order to satisfy tactical, operational, and strategic needs.
- Ensures lead developers and designers are familiar with application, software and infrastructure technology assets, standards, and requirements along with software development best practices.
- Assists in the identification of patterns, techniques, tools, and processes that contribute to effective project execution and business-unit profitability.
- The Software Technology Architect defines and maintains architecture principles and standards for application development, based on business requirements.
- Defines and documents the principles and standards to ensure speed and quality of development, while maintaining flexibility and maintainability in anticipation of future needs.
- Equally important are principles and standards to ensure robustness of applications to meet needs for performance, efficiency, reliability, availability, scalability, and security. Works to understand, assess, and put into practice selected emerging technologies in anticipation of meeting future software business needs.
- Researches industry trends and determines what emerging technologies are commercially viable for the client's’ environment and identifies those technologies which may be unproven, or “bleeding edge”. This includes product evaluation, reference technology proof of concept, and industry trend analysis.
- Based on research and assessment, current technology standards are validated and / or refreshed and extended by newer technologies (e.g. J2EE vs. .NET). Defines and maintains software architecture principles and standards for application development, based on business requirements.
- Designs and provides internal building blocks or development components that enhance the speed of development, quality, and stability of product solutions. Supports product development by providing the application development community proven design patterns, frameworks, templates and models, as well as ready-built components providing for common application infrastructure services (messaging, data access, security, etc.)
- Executes evaluation projects and produces working models based upon Product Solution requirements.
- May participate as a member of a project team when implementing critical or “first of kind” technologies.
- Documents and publishes appropriate architecture principles and standards, position papers, blueprints, best practices, patterns and frameworks.
- Defines, constructs, supports and provides training for enterprise frameworks.
- Defines and maintains a library of functional component models within and across product lines.
- Documents functional product solutions for key product strategy and product management initiatives leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
- Documents functional product solutions for key financial services sales opportunities leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
- Maintains a catalogue of reusable functional application components consumable across applications and product lines.
- Reviews functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
- Acts as the tie breaker on design decisions.
- Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use, and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.
- Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of financial products and services
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- In-depth knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (including waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts
- Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
- May require a thorough understanding of design patterns and their application
- May require a thorough understanding of Model-View-Controller design patterns for web applications
- May require a fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
- May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
- Working knowledge of other industry standard programming languages such as Java, C, or SQL
- Working knowledge of any of the following:
- OmniWeb Solution
- Data Validation Web
- Technical operational experience with OmniPlus and related financial applications
- Working knowledge of OmniScript or COBOL, preferably both
- Omni Core business processes using CT control files
- Transaction processing using exits such as MAX calculators, VLDT routines, base events, etc.
- Stand-alone OmniScript execution such as JOBCALC, DDWEB, Event Packets, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education is desired
Requires the following experience or equivalent combination of education and experience as a minimum to enter any level of IT Architect job:
- Must have led the technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented architecture concepts outside the realm of immediate workgroup
- Demonstrated experience as the application development system designer or technical lead on many “very large” (i.e., 10,000 hours or more spanning more than 6 months) projects
- May also require one or more of the following experience requirements:
- Five or more years working in a distributed and heterogeneous computing environment (ZOS, UNIX, Windows)
- Five or more years demonstrated experience in working with relational (and/or hierarchical) databases
- Five or more years demonstrated experience in modern software application technologies
- Successful design and implementation of applications in a shared service bureau environment
- Experience in building On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP), batch and reporting systems
- Experience in using Unified Modeling Language (UML) for Object Modeling
- Experience in building robust and scalable infrastructure architectures (telephony systems, network services, web farms, multiple-node systems, etc.
- Operational experience a plus
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.