Job Title: Senior Java Engineer
Location: Columbus, OH
Duration: 5+ months
Heitmeyer Consulting is seeking a Sr. Java Engineer for a great client in the retail industry. This person will develop and revise applications to meet customer requirements that satisfy overall project objectives and timeline. He/she will operate within an Agile development environment to perform program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation. The ideal candidate will have a strong UI background.
- Consult with IT programming staff and the user community on programming issues.
- Ensure standards and methodologies are followed and quality targets are met.
- The purpose of this project is to implement Manhattan Associate's Transportation Management System (TMS) in a hosted SaaS environment to manage both inbound and outbound transportation, manage transportation procurement activities, and provide network modeling capabilities. The solution will integrate with the existing warehouse management system (WMS) to better streamline transportation planning and execution and allow for deprecation of legacy transportation support applications.
- The project will include carrier EDI enablement activities as well as the buildout of an internal team to support the expanded in-house execution of the transportation function and eliminate reliance on 3rd party management of these activities and outsourcing of procurement bidding events.
- The project will be completed in multiple phases including:
- Transportation Procurement Phase
- Inbound TMS Design Phase
- Inbound TMS / Ops SCI Execution Phase
- Outbound TMS Design Phase
- Outbound TMS Execution Phase
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, readable, reusable, testable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Participate in all aspects of an Agile/Scrum development process
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficient in Java and J2EE framework, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Experience with the Spring Framework, particularly Spring Boot, Spring Data, and Spring Integration
- Knowledge of Angular 2 or greater practices and commonly used modules based on work experience
- Ability to create custom modules / components to extend the elements of core Angular 2 or greater
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
- Understanding of the class loading mechanism in Java
- Understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Experience with Java-based Web services such as RESTful
- Experience with XML, Xquery, XSL, and JSON
- Experience with both external and embedded databases
- Knowledge of SQL and JDBC; hands on experience with ORM frameworks such as Hibernate
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Experience with Linux/Unix and Windows platforms
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Ability to Work with multiple cross functional teams
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of supply chain principles and familiarity with transportation and warehouse management system concepts is preferred.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.