Job Title: Senior Programmer Analyst
Duration: 6 months
Heitmeyer Consulting is currently seeking a Sr. Programmer Analyst for our client in the financial services industry. The Programmer Analyst works closely with customers, business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget. Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
- Maintains, tests and integrates application components.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Demonstrates an understanding of financial services systems and the financial services industry.
- Analyzes requirements, and translates business requirements into product designs.
- Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
- Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Experience with Systematics or TouchPoint Applications. The mainframe apps are Advanced Lending (AM), IMPACS (IM), Relationship Management (RM), and Saving Time (ST).
- The experience with Systematics and TouchPoint needs within the last 10 years.
- Strong COBOL and JCL Experience
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
Must have at least one of the following applications: Advanced Lending (ALS), IMPACS (DDA), Relationship Management (CIF), Savings Time (ST) experience.
Position requires at least 3 years of Systematics experience that is not over 10-12 years in the past. Strong communication skills, Strong COBOL experience and Strong JCL expertise.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.