Job Title: QA Tester/Analyst 3
Location: Remote for the first 3 months but will eventually require physical presence in Boston or Johnston, RI area (work hours are EST)
Duration: 3 months with the possibility of extension
Heitmeyer Consulting is seeking a Sr. level QA Tester/ Analyst for a contract opportunity with our client. This person will be responsible for developing and executing software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes. He/she will mange 1-3 individuals; will guide the off-shore team.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures.
- Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
- Develop testing programs that addresses areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Create or maintain databases of known test defects.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Automation Tools – some Selenium and Scripting tools knowledge.
- SQL/back-end knowledge
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a strong command of the English language written and oral.
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Banking/financial background
- Payments experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field – preferred.
- 5+ years experience required.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.