Job Title: Sr SQL Server Database Engineer
Location: Columbus, OH
Duration: 9 months
Heitmeyer Consulting is looking for a Sr SQL Server Database Engineer with a strong background in SQL Server advanced troubleshooting activities and Robust scripting (PowerShell) experience.
- Complete platform patching
- Responsible for providing day-to-day activities, including, but not limited to; backup, restore, performance tuning, security management, capacity planning, standards development and enforcement.
- Responsible for investigating potential problems and issues raised by app team customers
- Monitor database events and proactively optimize system performance
- Work with the team to automate processes where possible
- Think and act out-of-the-box in identifying opportunities in team's daily work along with executing and completing tasks that are highly visible
- Adopt and embrace automation practices across the various technical platforms and domains
- Participate in an On-Call support rotation
- 5+ years experience as SQL Server DBA including
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL Server 2012+
- Hands-on experience with Always On Availability Groups
- Advanced knowledge of security and configuration best practices including RBAC
- Hands-on experience developing and executing PowerShell scripts
- Knowledge of Windows Server administration
- Advanced T-SQL skills including development and performance optimization
- Experience working in a virtualized environment including basic troubleshooting abilities
- Excellent communication skills for working with incident and application teams
- Experience in process orchestration and workflow design
- High level knowledge of key business drivers measures, processes and challenges
- Ability to think more broadly about data management and information architectural concepts and principles
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to promote ideas and advocate for change
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code and Desired State Configuration
- Good overall exposure to various technology stacks like Storage, Network, OS and databases
- Past experience working as a programmer/coder is highly beneficial
- Exposure to Qualys and Kenna or different vulnerability scanning/management tools is beneficial.
- Familiarity with and capable of enforcing technology management practices such as CI/CD (Continous Integration/Continuous Delivery) is nice to have.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.