Job Title: Project Manager Senior-Technology
Location: Remote, some travel may be required
Duration: 6 months. There is a possibility for this to be Contract to Hire
Heitmeyer Consulting is seeking a Sr. PM- Technology for our client. This person will be responsible for all aspects of assigned technical projects. Projects may be focused on:
- Implementation of products and related support services and activities;
- Improving customer satisfaction through the use of technology, which may include customizations to base products to meet client requirements, system integration with other company or third-party products or consulting projects and engagements.
Typically involves interactions with product development, sales, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams.
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery.
- Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities and deliverables.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule.
- Assigns and monitors work of project team, providing technical and analytical support and direction. Interfaces with external clients or field-based employees on technical matters as needed.
- Manages project risks, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure project goals (e.g., deadline, scope and quality) are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations, to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
- Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in the company and/or in client organizations.
- Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
- Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
- Some travel may be required.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. A strong technical background is required to manage technical projects and handle competing interests. Must be in active pursuit of Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or have the equivalent level of education and experience for the job level.
Required Skills & Experience
- 8 + Years of Project Manager experience
- Agile methodology
- Tech awareness and background
- Software delivery management experience
- Build & improve the process
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of project management standards, processes and guidelines
- Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry (e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma)
- Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
- Awareness on retail banking will be a plus
- Retail banking domain knowledge
- Agile methodology and experience. SAFE methodology awareness will be a plus
- Hosted deployment awareness
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.