Job Title: System Engineer
Location: San Francisco or Walnut Creek, CA (3 Days per week on-site)
Heitmeyer Consulting is currently hiring a Systems Engineer to support privacy projects for an West Coast based bank. This position supports a Data Privacy and Technology organization within the bank.
Sr System Engineer – Data Privacy Job Description
The Regulatory and Corporate Technology team in San Francisco is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer – Data Privacy. In this role, you will work with both IT teams and other internal organizations to gather requirements associated with Regulatory and Corporate applications. The Senior Systems Engineer identifies and communicates business objectives and information technology requirements as well as recommendations to assigned stakeholders. This position will be responsible for leveraging advanced analytical, research and problem-solving skills to define innovative technology solutions in cooperation with developers to meet business objectives.
The Senior Systems Engineer – Data Privacy will also perform analysis and design activities on complex IT initiatives by eliciting, defining, validating and translating business functional, non-functional and information objectives, then validating them when implemented, as well as preparing status updates on a regular basis to all stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate will possess a deep and broad understanding of Information Technology best practices and processes. Additionally, a strong and demonstrated strength in developing and supporting Regulatory systems is required as job responsibilities will include supporting other Regulatory and Compliance solutions as needed.
What you will be doing as Senior Systems Engineer – Data Privacy:
- Create Solution Design documents and create propose secure designs to fulfill business requirements.
- Review and Provide feedback for Solution Design document or technical specification document.
- Perform impact analysis to identify the impacted front-end UI and backend configuration.
- Co-ordinate with business and technology team to deliver timely and quality product. Well versed in ITIL – Incident and Change Management process.
- Working and configuring industry data governance and data privacy tools.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Hands on approach, while managing through influence.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Proven working experience as a Systems Engineer.
- Experience working with one or all : OneTrust, ServiceNow, BigID and RSA Archer
- 2+ years of experience in roles related to Data Privacy and/or data governance.
- 2-3 years of experience implementing, developing, evolving, and providing on-going management of for OneTrust module- DSAR, Data Mapping, Relevant Systems Engineering experience working with business/data analyst, operations, legal, or security experience.
- Experience with Universal Consent, Preference management, Robotic automation, Data Discovery, Incident management, Cookies Compliance etc.
- 1-2 years of experience in Integration using OneTrust plugins and API calls using JSON. Worked on a few integration projects for in-house or external applications.
- Strong Analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Experience of working with Jira tool.
- Knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc.), databases (SQL etc.), programming
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings with Flowcharts and presentation decks.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Management, or relevant experience.
- Resilience and commitment during periods of uncertainty and change.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (e.g., the ability to facilitate group discussions).
- Able to rapidly acquire a sound high-level understanding of new business and technical domains.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Expertise in Data Quality and cleansing methodologies and be able to identify/troubleshoot data issues.
- Experience in data collection/sourcing techniques with SQL, including knowledge of SQL Server and SSIS.
- Ability to write SQL queries, create views and extract various reports
- Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Reviewing existing ETL pipelines to identify/troubleshoot data issues.
- Working with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Understanding of SDLC and Agile Techniques.
- Knowledge of enterprise data management technologies, including Data warehousing and at least one ETL tool.
- Knowledge of Tableau /Power BI or any BI tool and be able to build and support dashboards is an added advantage.
- Ability to document, establish and adhere to standards including source control, software configuration.
- Experience in AWS/Azure and working in hybrid environments.
- Working experience of JIRA and ServiceNow in day-to-day operations.
- Knowledge of data governance and data privacy best practices and its application to business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets
- Knowledge of data privacy and data protection including applicable regulations and the handling of sensitive information
- Knowledge and experience with data analysis and enterprise metadata management, especially in the context of Privacy and Data Lifecycle use cases.
- Familiarity with configuring APIs for regulatory and compliance systems to communicate
- People and communication skills including highly developed interpersonal, written, and verbal skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Problem solving, decision-making, and strategic thinking.
- Comfortable working through ambiguous situations to define precise requirements and priorities and drive actionable outcomes.
- Attention to detail, sense of urgency, and commitment to deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated capacity to develop and implement practical strategies, plans and solutions to identified issues and problems.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills.
- Elevated levels of learning agility.
- Desire and ability to seek out new learning opportunities and effectively apply those learnings.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.