Job Title: Systems Administrator
Location: 100% onsite in St. Petersburg, Florida
Duration: 6 months with potential for extension/conversion based on performance and need
Our client in the financial services industry is seeking a Systems Administrator to join their team. This person will be responsible for deploying the release of new technologies as well as the design, installation, configuration, maintenance and system integration testing performance of PC/server operating systems, related utilities and hardware.
- Installs, maintains and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems used for designing and developing company products.
- Controls user access and passwords.
- Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- Monitors usage and performance.
- Trains personnel on system usage.
- Troubleshoots server, software and hardware issues.
- Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products.
- Supports Web access and electronic messaging services, and maintains a secure systems environment.
- Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Windows OS troubleshooting experience (Windows 10, etc), understanding of basic network connectivity / troubleshooting skills, ability to support over 100 users in a PCI compliant secure environment
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems and related utilities and hardware
- Knowledge of storage management
- Knowledge of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of network monitoring and tools
- Knowledge of technical writing principles and practices
- Skill to effectively analyze and solve problems
- Skill in software installation and maintenance
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public
- Server Admin 2012/2016 is a huge plus
M-F 8AM – 5PM
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.