Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Duration: Contract to Hire
Heitmeyer Consulting is searching for a Systems Engineer for an excellent contract to hire opportunity. The Systems Engineer is responsible for developing, monitoring, installing, configuring and maintaining infrastructure hardware and software including but not limited to virtual and physical servers Functions as a technical expert for the implementation and operational support of noted technologies. Periodically will conduct preliminary analysis, evaluation and recommendation of future technologies and solutions. Functions as a collaborative troubleshooter for groups assigned to troubleshoot complex and critical issues.
- Ensures that assets are responsibly and properly managed through life cycle.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Manages and tunes platforms to ensure expected availability, performance and security levels are achieved.
- Maintains overall system compliance with information security policies and procedures.
- Supports annual security accreditation, and maintains security levels throughout the year.
- Designs, develops, and implements configuration settings for all systems to meet security requirements.
- Serves as technical subject matter expert for the resolution of issues related to private or hosted infrastructure.
- Monitors and performs data integrity, backup/restore, capacity planning, and disaster recovery procedures on assigned platforms.
- Represents IT’s interests and concerns on complex projects through the lifecycle of a project, and escalates concerns to management as necessary.
- Plans, schedules, and communicates system changes to other team members prior to implementation.
- Works towards cost effective solutions and enhancements to optimize functionality within the system. Researches options, performs cost benefit analysis, and develops written recommendations.
- Oversees the installation, maintenance and performance metrics (up-time, adherence to Service Level Agreements) for computer systems.
- Installs and maintains computer systems and equipment and insures that systems perform in a manner which meets business needs and objectives.
- Identifies and leads opportunities to improve telemetry, monitoring, and application/infrastructure reliability.
- Assists with development and implementation of best practices, policies, processes and procedures for the IT Systems group.
- Leverages provided tools to maintain compliance with security standards.
- Maintains documentation on systems, processes, and procedures.
- Utilizes performance metrics software to monitor systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience supporting systems in a data center and related infrastructure technologies
- 5+ years of cumulative experience supporting any of the following server based operating systems: Microsoft operating systems in an enterprise environment
- 5+ years of experience supporting applications running on Microsoft operating system
- Experience configuring maintaining systems on an enterprise IP based network
- 5+ years troubleshooting and tuning performance issues on Microsoft based applications and operating systems
- Use of Web API’s and IT automation tools a plus.
- Experience owning certificate management in complex environments.
- Must work well in teams and contribute to a collaborative environment.
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated familiarity of project management methodologies, ITIL, ITSM, and COBIT best practices.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of Active Directory/Domain Controller configuration, GPO management and application, DNS management, DHCP setup and troubleshooting, and ADFS and AAD configuration and management.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Windows and Infrastructure engineering and architecture experience covering server, virtualization, storage, Active Directory, Azure, ADFS, SSO and O365 services.
- Proven scripting skills and experience with PowerShell, Python, or other scripting languages.
- Proven experience in orchestration and automation of infrastructure processes.
- Experience supporting an environment with strict security standards (i.e. Healthcare, Government, or Financial security controls)
- Experience working in an ITIL environment
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.