Title: Scrum Master
Location: 100% remote
The Technical Scrum Master will lead high-priority technical projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration. This individual will take projects from original concept through final implementation with Agile methodologies. He or she will Interfaces product owners, end users and vendors. This individual will ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables. They will provide guidance and expertise to business partners. They will manage risk and recommend solutions as appropriate.
- Exhibits the behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader and works to implement Agile practices with a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Facilitates the team’s progress toward team goals
- Works with business leader to define backlog, sprint priority; manages project scope, scope changes, objectives, requirements, deliverables, and value proposition that support the diverse business goals and interests of multiple stakeholders.
- Lead cross functional team members towards common outcomes and execution.
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to analyze & solve complex problems; takes initiative to facilitate planning and execute as assigned; Ensures the tracking and reporting of daily activities; meets project budget, schedule, scope & risk targets.
- Foster and encourage open & honest feedback; and learn from feedback (setbacks, mistakes) to drive improvement.
- Identify and assess risks & issues.
- Performs impact analysis and prioritization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of Scrum Master delivery experience
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate solid leadership competencies; organized, servant leader and facilitator
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to analyze & solve complex problems
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong facilitation skills – creating and delivering
- Understanding of a variety of application platforms and technologies (including but not limited to web, distributed, integration, mainframe, etc.).
- Ability to manage large-scale projects spanning several teams.
- Experience or understanding of the following software frameworks/concepts: Mainframe, J2EE, Microservices, SOAP/Rest frameworks, Webmethods, Datapower.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environment.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Passionate about learning and self-improvement
- Effectively communicates with others by tailoring approach based on context and emotions of others
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) Certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Certification plus 3 years of experience
- Financial services background or Card payment experience
- A basic understanding of quality assurance practices.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.