Job Title: Telecommunications Engineer III
Duration: 6 months
Heitmeyer Consulting is seeking a Telecommunication Engineer for an excellent contract opportunity with our client. The Telecommunications Engineer is responsible for the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of voice, data, and/or network communications systems. Monitors communications performance using diagnostic equipment, visual checking, and status indicator methods to locate problems. Interfaces with vendors on new technology and system updates.
- Handles customer requests for telecommunications support including: moves, adds, changes, repairs and inquiries.
- Troubleshoots major telecommunications issues.
- Identifies and manages telecommunications projects.
- Provides design and software support for PBX, voice mail, voice networks, and video systems.
- Manages vendor activities and verifies expenses relating to day-to-day support requirements.
- Participates on project teams for larger telecommunications project initiatives and periodically takes a lead project role.
- Defines and updates departmental telecommunications documentation and databases.
- Audits telecommunications expenses and may recommend expense reduction initiatives.
- Provides customer liaison role for day-to-day support activities and/or critical telecommunications functions.
- Proposes technical network and equipment system solutions for customer business requirements or cost reductions.
- Writes business correspondence for recommendations, project support, and customer service purposes.
- Conducts customer meetings and one-on-one presentations regarding applicable communications systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 5 – 7 years experience
- Cloud Telephony
- Oracle SIP (SBCs, SMs, etc)
- Project Lead
- Automation experience using Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation and Autobot technology
- Experience creating design documentation and process flows
- Experience with automating routine agent tasks to eliminate or decrease handle time of voice calls
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priority
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Requires good working knowledge of telecommunications industry as well as voice system design and engineering
- Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Basic understanding of infrastructure wiring/connectivity
- Requires documentation and telecommunications software administration skills
- Skill in troubleshooting/diagnostic tools and software installation and maintenance
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
- Experience creating and updating call flow, troubleshooting, process and procedure documentation for Voice Services
- Working knowledge of the NICE CXOne platform
- Work schedule varies between 7-7 EDT
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.