Job Title: UI / API Developer
Duration: 6 months
Heitmeyer Consulting is seeking a UI/API Developer for our client. This person will be responsible for the system, not the content of company material, and uses experience with a variety of network technologies to lead internal and external clients with Internet-, intranet-, or extranet-based applications, including but not limited to C++, Java, XML, HTML, CGI, ASP, multimedia applications, database interactions and data modeling tools.
- Researches, tracks and understands new web technologies to provide technical leadership in developing service applications and analyzing business requirements as they pertain to intranet and external Internet-related systems.
- Builds applications using Internet and Windows Development tools.
- Provides written design documents, test plans and test results.
- Manages, develops, integrates and implements related applications components, including front-end development, server-side development and database integration.
- Plays a direct role in programming, maintenance, technical support, documentation and administration of the applications.
- Establishes and communicates standards to manage cost and ensure continuity of applications.
- May work with outside vendors in developing tests to ensure feature functionality.
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
- Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Required Skills & Experience
- Coding and Platform tools Development and Integration of ImageCentre, eVision & VisionIP
- Knowledge of WEB Technologies & Back-end Banking Systems -UI/API/Developer
- 5 – 7 years experience
- Experience with Primarily Client/Server – Distributed computing coding
- Knowledge of the principles of multiple applications development methodologies
- Knowledge of the processes, phases, and roles relevant to common development methodologies
- Knowledge of Data Networks
- Knowledge of Web Security
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Knowledge of internet development and debugging tools
- Knowledge of web services, technology, and tools
- Knowledge of data modeling
- Knowledge of graphic & functional design
- Knowledge of the differences between how an application works on a local machine versus a server
- Knowledge of the differences among various types of browsers and browser versions
- Proficiency in at least one applications development methodology
- Knowledge of project management
- Proficiency in developing code for the client or the server
- Proficiency in at least one client side scripting language
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of critical thinking; makes sound and timely decisions under conditions of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Proficiency to identify and correct basic coding errors
- Proficiency to implement a design using the project-specific tools
- Proficiency to manage and coordinate test activities for assigned application
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.