UX Designer – Part Time
6+ Months contract
Our client a growing bank is seeking a part time UX Designer to join their team! The team is seeking a passionate visual designer who wants to create experiences that are both beautiful and functional. You’ll participate in early design exploration, creation and detailed specification for visual designs on existing and future products including online and mobile applications. You’ll design solutions that are used daily by customers and you’ll have an opportunity to help them manage a critical part of their lives, their financial well-being.
In this role, you will:
- Create high-fidelity interface concepts
- Participate in ideation, design, evaluation, and detailed specification for existing and future digital experiences (including browser and native app interfaces)
- Collaborate with UX teammates (UI designers, UX Researchers, Font-end UI Developers, Content Writers), business/product managers, IT teams, brand managers, analytics teams and leadership
- Leverage a user-centered design process to explore and refine concepts based on user feedback
- Support storytelling efforts of the UX team by creating info graphics, visual models and visually compelling artifacts to help teams make the transition from strategy/research to interface design (e.g. storyboards, journey maps, future state vision concepts)
- Presenting deliverables to clients/partners/executives and speak to visual, style, brand and accessibility considerations
- Partner with creative technologist to create and maintain style guides for all online and mobile products
- Learn how people think about managing their financial well-being and how they interact with brands to do so
- Must have strong visual design skills including screen layout, information design, color and typography, and great attention to detail.
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and preparing graphics for code development.
- Experience with designing and implementing meaningful animations for web and mobile app.
- Ability to sketch as a way to illustrate user journeys, storyboards, and low fidelity UI early in project lifecycle.
- Experience with responsive web design and mobile first approach as well as designing for native mobile apps, with Flutter specific experience a plus.
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 web accessibility standards and how to design usable, accessible experiences within those guidelines.
- Knowledge of latest trends and UI conventions in the digital space and nuances between the most pervasive devices/platforms (smart devices, phone, tablet, desktop, Android and IOS)
- Firm understanding of the user-centered design process and expert proficiency in visual design tools and methods.
- Balanced understanding of specialized UX skillsets (experience strategy, design research & usability, interaction and visual design, content strategy, front-end UI development).
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, demonstrating a mature ability to prioritize and manage time.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, visual communication design, industrial design, digital communication or media design or equivalent related experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in designing digital experiences
- Comfortable with ambiguity early in projects and able to take a leading role in driving towards a solution
- Experience working within both agile and waterfall IT development environments
- Ability to develop working relationships with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Portfolio demonstrating breadth of work required
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.