Job Title: Db2 DBA
Heitmeyer Consulting is currently seeking a Db2 DBA for a part-time, remote, contract opportunity with one of our financial services clients. The selected candidate must have previous mainframe z/OS Db2 DBA experience.
- Responsible for the overall management and administration of Db2 for z/OS and performance of Db2 for z/OS applications.
- Provides support to applications on the z/OS platform and coordinate work with programmers.
- Prototypes the new features, functions and strategies of new application subsystems technology.
- Provides problem resolution support, specific to Db2 on z issues; identifies and resolves systems application problems, coordinates with programming application users to determine symptoms and ensure accurate problem resolution.
- Provides some 24×7 on call support within a team rotation.
- Maintain database security and disaster recovery procedures
- Expert knowledge of Db2 for z/OS along with mainframe related tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively interface and partner with all levels of the organization.
- Effective performance tuning and problem determination knowledge.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.